Effective Date: May 17, 2021
- Communicate with us through any written, electronic, or oral communications, including through email, by phone, live chat (if available), or text message;
- Interact with us through in-studio or in-gallery events or other live events;
- Access or use our online platform or any related services, features, or functionality, such as to browse, purchase, or sell artwork;
- Use any of the curation or other consulting services made available by Studio Archive through our Site, online platform, or other offerings; or
- Access or use any other services, products, functionality, or features made available by Studio Archive.
- What Personal information Do We collect and How is it collected?
- Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us when you access or use our Services or when you interact with us. We collect information that you provide to us in the following ways:
- Artist Information: If you are an artist using our Services, we collect information to display, curate, promote, and sell your works through the Services. This may include information such as your name, titles and photographs of your works, and your bio information, which may include galleries where your work has been displayed or past shows.
- collector Information: If you are a collector using our Services, we collect information to assist you in discovering artists and works that may interest you. This may include your curation and artwork preferences, requests, and needs, current artwork owned, past selections or favorite works, and any other information you may provide through the course of interacting with the Services.
- Purchase information: When you make a purchase from us, we will collect information related to your purchase, such as the item(s) purchased, shipping and payment information, and any other information you may provide related to your purchase and to process the transaction. For more information on how payments are processed, please see the Payment Processors section below.
- Interactions through social media: If you interact with us through any of our pages or feeds on any social media sites or platforms, such as Facebook or Instagram, we may collect information such as your name, user name, demographic information, contact information such as email address, location, interests, and publicly-posted data such as your social media activity. If you make a purchase with us through one of our social media accounts, such as on Instagram, we will collect the relevant purchase and transaction information through the social media platform, as applicable.
- Requests, forms, questionnaires: If you contact us, such as by sending us an email using the Studio Archive email address provided on the Site, email customer support, call us, or communicate through any live chat feature we may provide, we may collect your name, email address, phone number, the details of your question or request, and any other information you choose to include in your message. We may also collect information you provide if you complete surveys or questionnaires that we make available.
- Marketing and communications information: If you sign up to receive newsletters and marketing communication from us, we will collect your name and contact information such as your email address and/or phone number.
You may choose not to provide information directly to us or to not use the Studio Archive Services. However, some Personal Information is necessary so we can provide you with the Services you have requested. Failure to provide this information may prevent us from providing you with access to our Services.
- Information We collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we or our third-party agents or service providers automatically collect information about the device you use to access the Services and your activity when you use the Services. We collect this information even if you do not create an account or log in. Depending on your activity, the information may include:
- Device and Usage Information: We collect certain information about your device and how you interact with the Services and/or emails we send each time you access or use them.
- Device information may include your IP address, browser type and version, time zone, unique device identifiers, information about your approximate location (as determined through your IP address), mobile, computer or device hardware information (e.g., operating system version, hardware model, IMEI number and other unique device identifiers, MAC address, and device settings), device event information, log information, and crash data.
- Usage information may include features that you use, clickstream data, access dates and times, and how you interact with the Services. When you visit the Site, this information may also include referring / exit pages and URLs, how you interact with links on the Site, landing pages, and pages viewed.
- Information collected from Third Parties
In some instances, and depending on the Services you use, we process Personal Information we receive from third parties, which consists of:
- Studio Archive’s Service Providers: We receive information from our service providers or agents who perform business services for Studio Archive, such as Site information from third parties that assist us in operating our Site and transactional data from our third-party infrastructure service providers and payment processors.
- Analytics Providers: We may receive information from entities who perform analytics services for Studio Archive.
- Information You Provide About A Third Party: You may choose to provide us with another person’s information (such as their name, email address, or shipping information) so that we may recommend or send products or services to that person. For example, you may provide us with another person’s information when you want to send them a gift using the Services or to facilitate your communication with another user of the Services at your request, such as to connect an artist with a collector.
- How We Use Personal Information
We use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To provide and operate the Studio Archive Services;
- To update, improve, and/or enhance the Services and develop new features, functionality, and Services;
- To provide technical support for, secure, and protect the Services, including to detect and prevent fraud, abuse, or security risks, and to track outages and troubleshoot;
- To conduct analytics related to the Services, such as to understand how they are being used and where improvements may be needed;
- To validate, confirm, process, and facilitate shipment of orders;
- To facilitate payment processing;
- To promote, advertise, and market our Services;
- To respond to your inquiries and requests, or otherwise communicate with you to provide you with assistance related to the Services;
- To provide updates about our Services and send you newsletters or other communications that may be of interest to you;
- To enforce our terms and conditions and other contractual agreements, resolve disputes or otherwise to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights, and to protect our business interest and the rights of third parties;
- To comply with legal and contractual obligations and requirements;
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- How We Share Personal Information
We transmit, share, grant access, make available and provide Personal Information to or with the following types of third parties:
- Other Users of the Studio Archive Services: Depending on how you use the Studio Archive Services, other users may be able to access or may receive certain personal information about you. If you make a purchase through the Services, the artist whose work you purchased will receive your contact information to ship the work to you. If you are an artist whose works are made available through the Services, certain personal information may be made available to all users of the Services, such as your name, bio, and information about your work including title and images.
- Connecting Artists and collectors: With your permission and at your request, Studio Archive may share contact information between artists and collectors to enable an artist to know who purchased their work and/or enable a collector to connect with an artist.
- Business Transfers: We may share Personal Information with third parties we choose to acquire or with buyers, successors, or others in connection with a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, financing due diligence, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets or transition of service to another provider, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, receivership, liquidation or similar proceedings, as permitted by law and/or contract.
- Compliance and Regulatory Purposes: We may share Personal Information if we believe that it is necessary to:
- Comply with a law, regulation, legal process, or legitimate governmental request;
- Protect the safety or security of the Services, users of the Services, or any person;
- Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities;
- Prevent spam, abuse, fraud, or other malicious activity of actors using or accessing the Services; or
- Protect our rights or property or the rights or property of those who use the Services.
Non-public information about our customers and visitors will not be released to law enforcement except in response to an appropriate legal process such as a subpoena, court order, or other valid legal process that has been reviewed by Studio Archive. However, if we receive information that provides us with good faith belief that there is an exigent emergency, we may provide information to law enforcement trying to prevent or mitigate the danger (if we have it), to be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Cookies and Tracking technology
- What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your device that are set by us or by third parties when you visit a website or other online service. Cookies can be used to provide content or features, remember you and your preferences, and improve your user experience. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org.
In addition to Cookies, we may use other technologies that are similar in function, such as pixels, also called web beacons or single-pixel tags/gifs, and local or web storage.
- Web Beacons: Web beacons, or “clear gifs,” and single-pixel tags/gifs, or web tags, are tiny graphics with a unique identifier placed on a website or in an email that gather information about your interaction with that website or email. Because of their small size they are not visible.
- Local or Web Storage: Local or web storage refers to other places on a browser or device where information can be stored. It includes both your own device storage and browser cache.
We use the term “Cookie” to cover all of these technologies.
- Types of Cookies
Cookies are often described by who created and placed them and how long they last. Types of Cookies generally include the following:
- Persistent Cookies and Session Cookies
- Persistent Cookies: A persistent Cookie stays in your browser and will be read by us when you return. A persistent Cookie helps us recognize you as an existing user, so it is easier for you to return and interact with our Services.
- Session Cookies: A session Cookie is temporary and enables you to move from page to page on our Services and allows information that you enter to be remembered. A session Cookie is deleted when you close your browser or after a short time.
- First Party Cookies and Third-Party Cookies
- First-Party Cookies: These are Cookies set by the publisher of the website or online service you are visiting. First-party Cookies may be set either by us or by a service provider at our request.
- Third-party Cookies: These are Cookies that are set by a party other than the publisher of the website you are visiting.
- What Types of Information Do Cookies collect?
Cookies collect different types of information depending on the type of Cookie and its purpose. Some examples of information that may be collected by Cookies when you use our Services include:
- The pages you visit within our Services;
- The buttons you click on our Services;
- The date and time you visit our Services;
- The amount of time your spend on our Services;
- The Internet Protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer/mobile phone to the internet; and
- Your device (such as computer, mobile phone) and connection information such as your browser type and version and operating system.
We, our service providers, or agents acting on our behalf, use the following persistent and session Cookies (which may be first-party or third-party Cookies) on our Services:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These Cookies are essential because they enable our Services to work properly, and they cannot be disabled. Without these Cookies, some of our Services cannot be provided. These Cookies do not gather information about you for marketing purposes. For example, these Cookies are used to:
- Remember the information that you fill in when performing certain activities on your Services;
- Pass information from one page to the next, for example when filling out forms;
- Provide our Services according to your preferences;
- Read your browser and device settings to optimize the display of our Services;
- Locate and identify misuse of our Services;
- Load our Services uniformly to maintain accessibility; and
- Authenticate users and prevent fraud.
- Functional Cookies: We use functional Cookies to remember your choices so we can tailor our Services to provide you with enhanced features and personalized content. For example, these Cookies can be used to remember your name or preferences on our Services. We do not use functional Cookies for online marketing. While these Cookies can be disabled, this may result in less functionality during your use of our Services. For example, we use these Cookies to:
- Provide you a personalized experience, such as remembering how you have customized our Services;
- Remember the information that you fill in when performing certain activities on our Services; and
- Store your preferences such as language and location.
- Performance or Analytics Cookies: These Cookies help us understand how our Services are being accessed, used, or are performing. These performance or analytics Cookies may collect information about the content you view, what websites you visit immediately before and after visiting our Services, and your system and geographic information. The information generated by these Cookies will be transmitted to and stored by the applicable analytics services. For example, we may use performance or analytics Cookies to:
- Maintain and continually improve our Services;
- Keep track of the number of visitors to the pages within our Services;
- Keep track of the length of time that each visitor spends on the pages within our Services;
- Determine the order in which a visitor visits the various pages or features within our Services;
- Identify performance issues with our Services; and
- Assess which parts of our Services need improvement.
- How to Manage or Delete Cookies
You can exercise your preferences concerning Cookies served on our Services by taking the steps outlined below.
To learn more about Cookies, including how to manage Cookies and opt-out of Cookies being placed on your devices, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
You may alter the Cookie settings in your browser settings at any time. You may accept all or only certain Cookies. If you disable Cookies in your browser settings, however, you may find that certain parts of our Services will not work.
- First-Party Cookies: If you do not want Cookies placed on your device, you can adjust the setting of your Internet browser to reject some or all Cookies and to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your device. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help,” “Tools,” or “Edit” settings). While adjusting your browser setting can prevent the future placement of Cookies, it does not remove existing persistent Cookies.
- Third-Party Cookies: Modern browsers also allow you to block third-party Cookies using the steps described above for first-party Cookies.
There are several services available that can assist you with managing your Cookie preferences, including industry groups, standards associations, and tools provided by the Cookie providers and social media sites. Please note that Studio Archive has no affiliation with, and is not responsible for, these third party websites.
- Google Analytics: You may download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Do Not Track: You may turn on the Do Not Track (“DNT”) setting in your browser, which will enable your browser to send a special signal to websites, analytics companies, plug in providers, and other web services you encounter while browsing to stop tracking your activity. To turn on your DNT signal, please visit All About DNT. Please note that not all companies will respond to or honor DNT signals. Our Services do not respond to DNT signals.
- Web Beacons and Pixels: You may avoid web beacons and pixels by disabling the functionality that allows remote images to load in your email account and refraining from clicking on any links in email messages.
- Marketing Preferences
If you do not wish to receive marketing emails from us in the future, you can opt-out following the unsubscribe instructions in the emails or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt-out, we will still send you transactional emails for service purposes, such as for responses to your requests or communications about your account.
- Payment Processors
- How We Protect Personal Information
At Studio Archive, we take our responsibility to protect the security and privacy of Personal Information seriously. We have implemented what we believe to be reasonable and appropriate security measures designed to prevent Personal Information from being lost, used, accessed, altered, or disclosed in an unauthorized or unlawful way.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, and we cannot and do not guarantee that Personal Information is completely secure and safe from such risks. By using the Services, you understand and assume the risks associated with your activities on the Internet.
If you have reason to believe that your information is no longer secure, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not intended for use by minors under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information directly from minors under the age of 13. If you learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us.
- Third-Party Links
- Third-Party Social Plugins
Within the Services, we may provide third-party plug-ins or widgets for social media platforms or other third-party services, such as “share” buttons for Facebook and Instagram. These features may function as cookies or web beacons when you interact with them and collect information such as information about your device or your interactions with the Services, such as what you’re viewing through the Services. If you are logged in to your account with the third party, the third party may be able to link information about your interactions with the Studio Archive Services to your account with them. Please refer to each third party’s privacy policies To learn more about its data practices.
- How Long We Retain Personal Information
- Do Not Track Preferences
The Services do not monitor for or behave differently if your browser or device transmits a “do-not-track” or similar message.
- Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share Personal Information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
- Contact Us
- Eleanna Anagnos
- Lisha Bai
- Michael Berryhill
- Jude Broughan
- Calvin Burton
- Jesse Chapman
- Angela Conant
- Jared Deery
- Rachel Domm
- Madeline Donahue
- Georgia Elrod
- Marianne Gagnier
- Linda Geary
- Ethan Greenbaum
- Catherine Haggarty
- Laura Holmes McCarthy
- Eric Hibit
- Jaye Kim
- Marta Lee
- Elisa Lendvay
- JJ Manford
- MaryKate Maher
- Sarah McDougald Kohn
- Michael McGrath
- Leeza Meksin
- Keiko Narahashi
- Heidi Norton
- Adam Novak
- Emilia Olsen
- Robyn O'Neil
- Mónica Palma
- Christopher Peterson
- Meghan Petras
- Janine Polak
- Cait Porter
- Padma Rajendran
- Cuyler Remick
- Nora Riggs
- Leslie Roberts
- Rachel Roske
- George Rush
- Brian Scott Campbell
- Zach Seeger
- Adam Sipe
- Elisa Soliven
- Jered Sprecher
- Al Svoboda
- Shino Takeda
- Anne Thompson
- Julie Torres
- Laura Vahlberg
- Zahar Vaks
- Ben K. Voss
- Maria Walker
- Susan Wanklyn
- Karla Wozniak
- Sun You